Playgrounds. That’s how I relate to the major areas of my life. I take my life playfully serious.
I have a few different playgrounds in my life. These seem to be the major ones that I play in on a daily basis:
- RELATIONSHIPS (marriage, parenting, family, friends, neighbors)
- RECREATION (music, running, cycling, home projects, basketball with my sons, movie theatre)
- FINANCES (budgeting, tracking)
- FAITH (ethics, theology, viewpoints, formation, beliefs, praxis)
- WORK (seeking vocational competency, creativity, and expression)
- HEALTH (eating, sleeping, exercising, self-care, compassion)
The idea is to attend to these playgrounds often because they’re very important to the life I long for.